Although I never finished high school, I always knew I could achieve but as my school reports would say ‘Toni applies herself to what she sees as relevant..’
I left school at age 15 having completed Year 11 and started working full time. I really struggled to decide what it was I wanted to do and so I found myself changing positions every two to three years.
Don’t get me wrong, I had some interesting roles and more than a few adventures. At one stage I became a Non Destructive Testing Technician which involved gaining my licence as a radiographer and climbing in and around submarines, power stations and oil refineries. I even had my forklift licence.
When it really came down to it though I can’t say I was particularly passionate about the work or the chemicals and radiation that were involved so again I looked for something else.
My search then landed me in banking. I stayed in the industry for around 10 years. I’m a bit of a numbers girl and the bank provided a lot of training which I enjoyed and I gained a lot of helpful knowledge around finance. I then married and had a baby and the bank allowed me to work part time and it all fitted together nicely for me.
As my daughter grew older and more independent, my focus came back around to having more career satisfaction. As I said before, I like working with numbers so it seemed like a natural progression to study accounting. I achieved my Diploma by studying online which was fantastic for me. I could fit it around my other commitments and really enjoyed the challenge and sense of achievement it gave me.
I’m pleased to say I’m still happy with that choice as accounting is a good base for business in general and it led me to a fantastic new role at a work place that I loved. Again though, after a few years I found myself at a point where I’d mastered what I needed to at the level I had achieved and started thinking about what else I could do.
I needed to find something that I felt passionate about and that I believed had a strong positive future. I browsed online checking out at all the different study options. I considered furthering my studies in Accounting, going back to Finance or maybe even venturing into HR.
To be honest though, this all translated in my mind to working full time in someone else’s office for set hours Monday to Friday. Ahh no, not getting me excited!
Work/life balance has always been a big deal for me. I had not returned to full time work since I had my daughter and it was my goal not to. Having the flexibility to schedule appointments when it suited me, being able to do school drop offs and pickups and taking time off during school holidays was high on my priority list.
I then discovered that a good friend of mine for over 20 years Tash had started a new online venture. She had started her own business online Affiliate Marketing.. Say What?! I had never even heard of it before.
Tash invited me to check out her new Facebook page where she had a link to the 7 day video series with Stuart Ross and Jay Kubassek from The Six Figure Mentors and Digital Experts Academy. I had nothing to lose and I trusted my friend as she has always been quite savvy so I started watching the videos.
Bingo!! I found something I could study that would solve a range of lifestyle issues for me.
Here I’ve put together a list of Top 10 Reasons To Consider Studying Online Marketing
1. For a start, studying for me is more than becoming skilled for a job or career. I love learning and keeping my brain active. It’s stimulating and opens your mind to new thoughts and experiences.
2. Studying online means you can study from home at whatever time or day that suits you. You work at your own pace and in your own time with all the resources you require at your fingertips.
3. It doesn’t have to cost you anymore than you would normally spend on studying and the bonus is you can start earning while you’re learning.
4. There absolutely IS work available in Online Marketing. The digital economy is worldwide, it’s only going to grow and you have access to all of it right from your laptop or computer at home.
5. You can actually create your own business while you are studying and put what you learn into practice as you go.
6. You have access to other online marketers who are also studying and working online in their time that are happy to help and support you as well as having amazing technical support and mentoring available from SFM and DEA.
7. You can create a business around what you have an interest in and learn, share and help others at the same time.
8. You become part of the Digital Economy which has so far to go and is not about to wind up or become obsolete anytime soon.
9. Your earning capacity as a result of studying Online Marketing is only limited by what you’re prepared to put in.
10. You can easily fit it alongside your current position or jump right in and create your own full time business.
What’s even more exciting is that right in the middle of writing this article I discovered that there will be a whole bunch of exciting new opportunities and training within the SFM and DEA this year that are just about to be launched, DEA Digital Skills Platform.
If you are serious about learning and would be interested in finding out more about the Digital Economy and Online Marketing and particularly Affiliate Marketing, there has never been a greater time than now.
I have included a link to give you free access to the very same 7 day video series that I first watched that launched my own online business.
If this sounds like something you are interested in, please check it out. I can assure you that there is no harm in having a look and I’m confident in saying that you will find it pretty darn interesting and exciting at the same time.
The link below will give you the opportunity to enter your email address and start receiving the videos by email straight away.
I look forward to connecting with you more soon!