I have a cupboard full of books written by people like Wayne Dyer, Eckhart Tolle, Rhonda Byrne, James Redfield and Pam Grout.
I also visit the library quite frequently as I have a 12 year old daughter who is an avid reader. We both love having a browse through the books at the library and seeing what it is we can stumble across on any given day.
Another thing that tickles my fancy is all the little quotes and sayings that you read or see in memes. They are short and to the point, they make you think and can make you smile and they are easily remembered.
So in line with the whole keeping it short, I won’t bang on too long here. This little article I’ve put together is a compilation of a few quotes that I’ve come across that I really love and I hope you do too. As a warning, some of these are deeper than others. Sometimes I just like to throw in something for a laugh..
21 Titbits of Inspiration
1. I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear – Rosa Parks
2. Live your life as an exclamation, not as an explanation – J.Jackson Brown, Jr
3. I would rather die of passion than of boredom – Vincent van Gogh
4. Uuuuuuur Ahhhhhrrrr Uhrrr Ahhhhrrrr Aaaarhg… – Chewbacca
5. Keep your heels, head and standards high – Coco Chanel
6. What you think you become. What you feel you attract. What you imagine you create – Buddha
7. Be who you were created to be, and you will set the world on fire – St.Catherine of Sienna
8. If you can dream it, you can do it – Walt Disney
9. The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now – Chinese Proverb
10. Your mind will answer most questions if you learn to relax and wait for the answer – William S. Burroughs
11. What if I fall? Oh, but my darling what if you fly? – Erin Hanson
12. If you do what you’ve always done you’ll get what you’ve always gotten – Anthony Robbins
13. You’re mad, bonkers. Off your head.. But I’ll tell you a secret.. All of the best people are – Alice in Wonderland
14. If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try – Seth Godin
15. Creativity is intelligence having fun – Albert Einstein
16. You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take – Wayne Gretzky
17. I never dreamt of success, I worked for it – Estee Lauder
18. If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat! Just get on – Sheryl Sandberg
19. The difference between an adventure and an ordeal is attitude – Bob Bitchin
20. The past has no power over the present moment – Eckhart Tolle
21. No such thing as spare time, no such thing as free time, no such thing as down time. All you got is life time. Go. – Henry Rollins
I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it. If you have any other little quotes, thoughts or words of wisdom that you love, please drop them into a comment below! I’d love for you to share them as well.